3 November 2013

Maybelline Fit Me - Shine Free Foundation

 So a few days ago I received a little pack and was really surprised that I did, because I couldn't remember ordering something that fit in such a small envelope. When I opened it, I spotted the new Maybelline Fit Me - Shine Free Foundation Stick. I have applied to be a tester of this foundation & they obviously chose me (this is not a sponsored thing, literally everyone could take part there!) which made me really happy, because I like trying out new things :) Getting sent a foundation is also great for me, because I absolutely hate going into a drug store to buy a foundation, as there seems to be nothing available that matches my fair skin, so I always procrastinate that bit. (I also just have one foundation apart from that new one now!)

The foundation has a gel bit outside & a powdery core, which is supposed to make your skin matter. 

Right after I got it I obviously wanted to test it out straight away. It feels really smooth when you apply it onto your skin. For blending it I found that my Real Techniques stippling brush works best, I blend this foundation doing circular motions. What I love about this foundation, is that I think it matches my skin tone quite well (I got the colour 120 classic Ivory) and it doesn't look cakey at all.

I wore this foundation on saturday when I worked for 9 hours and I must admit, that it didn't keep my skin matte for the entire day, but I honestly didn't expect that it would do so, because obviously I am sweating etc. What I loved about it though, was that it felt like I had no foundation on at all, it just felt really light on my skin! I would describe the coverage as medium, as it covered most of my redness, but  not my spots or other blemishes I have, but my favourite concealer which is from the Fit me range, too, fixed this perfectly :)
On these photos I am wearing the foundation without any powder or concealer on top. You can obv. still see my freckles & my blemishes, but this can be minimised by adding some concealer :)

All in all, I think this foundation is great if you don't want to cover up your face entirely. I wouldn't recommend it, if you have super oily skin, unless you don't mind touching up your make up during the day (which I obviously couldn't do as I was working).

The foundation currently costs 11,99€ or& £8.99

Have a looooovely sunday evening :) xxx


9 comments:

  1. It looks so lovely and natural on your skin
    Joannaloves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I was so curious about this, when I fist saw it on TV so I'm really glad you reviewed it! But isn't it weird putting the stick on your face?
    Love, Anissa Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely and natural x
    http://jadegillett.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hab noch gar nicht davon gehört :) tolles ergebnis, muss ich auch mal ausprobieren!

    xx Vivi
    http://frostedpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the foundation looks really lovely on you! Not too heavy! You're photographs are really nice as well! Lovely post!

    xx
    Mere

    ReplyDelete
  6. Die Foundation sieht super an dir aus, sehr natürlich! <3

    Liebe Grüße,
    Eleonora

    ♥ eleonoras blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont really apply foundation that much but i like this one since it looks very natural xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. your skin looks so flawless!

    following :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh have been toying with the idea of trying out this foundation for a while. Will give it a go now - good review thanks.

    Em xx

    beauty.fashion.lifestyle.musings.

    ReplyDelete