1 April 2014

Nars Sheer Glow: a rather disappointing foundation :(


So about three weeks ago I decided to order the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in the shade Siberia, because I researched a little on the internet and found out that this is a very neutral looking, light shade, which was exactly what I was looking for.  It was a kind of risky purchase as we do not have Nars in Austria so I had to order it online, but I knew that I was the lightest shade as even MAC Matchmaster 1.0 and Pro Longwear NC15 are too dark for me. 

When the foundation arrived, I was amazed by how well the shade suits my skin, it really is the perfect shade and didn't produce a line above my throat. The consistency however was not what I expected at all. The foundation claims to even out your skin tone and promises to leave your skin hydrated and glowy. When I first applied it, I felt like it was really wet looking and it just didn't feel like skin, it felt like I had a layer of liquid on my face which is not a good feeling at all. Also, I feel like this foundation doesn't last long at all! I tried it with and without my Porefessional Primer but in both cases it just disappeared off my face and even when I lightly touched my face, I was left with an oily film of foundation on my finger & had an obvious finger print on my face, not pretty. What I also noticed is that when I applied it with my flat brush (I tried it with my RT buffing brush before) you could really see the strokes which I found really annoying. As I mentioned above, it claims to hydrate the skin, but in my case (and I don't have particularly dry skin) it just clung to all the little dry patches and accentuated them so they were really obvious.

All in all, I don not have anything positive to say about this foundation, apart from the shade. I really wanted to love this product after the uncountable amount of good reviews that I've read and the 40€ that I had to spend, but it simply disappointed me.

So as I am now stuck with foundations that are too dark for me & one that's consistency I don't like I have a question for you all; does anyone know of a foundation or a BB cream that is suitable for very pale skin? I feel like every hunt for a good skin match has been unsuccessful so far & I am already so scared of splurging on foundations, as I have already wasted so much money on them. I would really appreciate your help! 

The other two products that I have recently picked up are a highlighter stick from P2 (I have been looking for a product like that for AGES!) and a lipliner from P2. I love the highlighter, it's a little bit shimmery but I don't really mind that in the warmer season and it's really easy to apply! I haven't really used the lipliner yet, as I still need to work out how to use a lipliner properly (It's my first one haha)

Okay, If you've come to the end of this post I congratulate you! Have a lovely evening :) xx

5 comments:

  1. Illamasqua Skin Base goes very light! Although I find SB02 to be on the pinky side!
    I've yet to make up my mind about Sheer Glow!

    Lucy xx
    www.dinosaurdances.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad that the NARS Sheer Glow didn't work out for you! I've heard such incredible things about it but I personally haven't tried it yet. I may request a sample of it next time I'm in Sephora though.
    Happy to have stumbled across your blog tonight! Following! :) xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really surprised it's not worked out for you, I've only heard amazing things about it x
    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw such a shame that this was a disappointment, I've heard so many great reviews

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete