20 June 2014

Glossybox Stars & Stripes Edition June 2014


I always get excited for the new Glossybox, but this month I was especially excited to receive it, because they are currently doing a Stars & Stripes edition* which obviously means that they give you products from American brands. As I have never been to America I was very excited to be able to try brands that I have never had the chance to try before. 

The first product is from a brand that is very popular everywhere & I actually own this product already, but I was still very happy to receive a mini version of the Benefit They're Real* Mascara. I personally love this mascara a lot, it lengthens my eyelashes & it even stayed on when I had an emotional breakdown during my oral exams haha. 

Next I received an eye primer* from a brand called Nicka K New York. What I find very cool about this product is that it is not transparent or white as f.e. the Urban Decay one, it actually is a very pale shade which is perfect for my light skintone! I wore this yesterday along with the third and last eye product in the box which is an eyeshadow pencil* from Sumita Beauty. I hardly every use eyeshadow anymore because I have very small lids so you can't really see it anyway and usually it's just really time consuming, but I'll definitely use this when I'm in the mood to pop a bit of colour onto my eyelids. 

I was very excited when I spotted the bright lipstick* from Bellapierre Cosmetics in the shade Ruby. It looks a lot darker on the picture than it is, but it's a really lovely summer reddish shade that I'll definitely be wearing a lot and the lasting power was very impressive too! 

Last and maybe least is the Schwarzkopf Got2Be Soufflé*. I personally am not a big fan of hairstyling products (I only ever use hair oil and a heat protector after washing it) that you put into dry hair, because I feel like they always make my hair kind of crunchy and weird. I used this on a day where my hair looked absolutely rubbish so maybe that's why I wasn't that impressed, but this is definitely my least favourite product of the box.

All in all I think they did an amazing job with this months box & I can definitely see myself using all of the face products on a regular basis! 

What do you think about beauty boxes? Are you subscribed to any of them? xx

5 comments:

  1. im subscribed to glossybox austria and pink box austria - i just love boxes like that.
    i have the same products in my glossybox btw. except from the lipstick color - i have a purple/berry color, which i already own -.-
    but i really really like the primer and also the mascara :)

    pssshhht.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're Real by Benefit is amazing ! ♥
    I hope try glossybox one time, it looks really cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the photography on your blog, very clean! The products you got look also very nice!

    Melane | Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  4. Die Fotos sind unglaublich schön :)
    Ich hätte auch gerne eine Beauty Box, dadurch entdeckt man bestimmt tolle Produkte!
    xx Lia
    http://liaslife92.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Du machst immer so tolle Bilder !
    Liebste Grüße:)
    -
    http://bedeutungsvolle-momente.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete