31 December 2014

On a rollercoaster that only goes up


2014 has been a year full of highs and lows, but I guess that's just the same for everyone. I chose that title, because looking back at this year, the first half was terrible compared to how good the second half has been.

The year started off with my applications to 5 different Unis in England, 2 of which I got rejected from and 3 that gave me conditional offers. To get into any of them though, I had to reach certain grades in my A-Levels which were probably the most horrific experience of my entire life. I hated having to learn texts and formulas that I will never use in my life, by heart and this clearly showed in my rather bad results. I didn't do these A-Levels to have them, all I wanted was to be able to move to England and go to University as there was no way I was willing to stay in Austria. My first choice, Southampton Solent, required me to have a 2.5 which obviously I didn't reach, but I was more than happy (and all the other positive adjectives) when I saw that my UCAS status changed from 'conditional' to 'accepted'.

The rest of the summer was boring and great at the same time, I went to London, to Turkey and had an internship that I really enjoyed, but these things are part of my summer round up, so I won't go in too much detail :) After I finished work in the end of August, I had 17 days to pack up my entire room, sell my furniture and organise the whole moving to uni thing, which was one of the most stressful experiences ever, but it all paid off in the end.

Since the 17th September I have now been living in Southampton and I absolutely love it. Whilst almost failing my A-Levels back in April & June, I never thought that I'd be able to move to England and study Fashion with PR, a course that I absolutely love. I was lucky enough to meet a bunch of people that I couldn't live without anymore and I am more than happy with everything as it is right now.

Besides all that school/uni stuff, I also got to attend my first proper Blogger events (special thanks to Anna Kummer who took me to my first event!) and got to know the people whose blogs I've been reading for a long time. In September I also got to meet my favourite YouTuber Colleen Ballinger which (I know I sound like a crazy fangirl) was pretty much one of the best things to ever happen, it was more than surreal to hug a person whose videos I watch on a daily basis on the Internet. After her amazing show in London, I also got to go to her Bath show and visit the probably most perfect little city ever.

Just like every year, this one had its good and bad moments, but I am so glad that everything that has happened, happened!

Thank you to everyone who was a part of this year, I genuinely love you all xx 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you Conny! Hope 2015 is an excellent year too :) My best wishes, xx

    ReplyDelete