17 January 2015

Mon séjour à Paris


Bonjour! If you follow me on Instagram, you might already know that I have been to Paris recently. I have been to Paris before and due to the recent exceptional situation I honestly was not too excited to go back, but also didn't want to waste the money I spent on the trip. Luckily I have a friend who currently lives in Paris to reassure me that everything had calmed down and people aren't afraid to leave their houses anymore. 

Having arrived in Paris, you could definitely feel that something bad had happened a few days prior to our arrival; police officers and members of the army supervised all big public places and it felt like police sirens were the soundtrack of the city. However, while I was there nothing drastic happened. 

One of the things that shocked me the most about Paris were the horrendously high prices; on the first day I ate a baguette which cost me 10€ and wasn't even that exceptional, so the amount of money I spent on food (and involuntarily in the pharmacy) in these 4 days didn't allow me to go shopping at all (I only bought a mug, yay!)

Even though I did not buy anything which is really untypical for a shopaholic like me, I really enjoyed my stay, we went up to the Sacre Coeur in Montmatre and had a gorgeous view over the entire city, got a picture painted of ourselves and discovered cute little boutiques in le Marais. Plus I got to make use of my poor French skills! 

À bientôt! xx

6 comments:

  1. Oh I am going to Paris in the summer and am so excited! Will have to remember the high prices though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conny you are so adorable and I'm so glad you're having fun in life and getting to have all these adventures x

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photos, i really want to visit soon!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice experience! I hope I get to go someday. Though the Eiffel Tower does not look that tall from the angle in the photo. Glad it was calm despite the latest news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely photos! looks like you had a great time! ten euros for a baguette, wow, I'd better start saving my pennies if I want to go to Paris! xx

    littlekittyscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're so gorgeous and i love those photos they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete