14 February 2015

A brand new layout!


Hi everyone!

My previous blog design has been annoying me for a while now, there was nothing special about it, it was just a mediocre banner on the top but nothing too fancy elsewhere. So last night I attempted to create a new logo but as I am neither a graphic designer nor a web designer, this didn't go down very well so I went over to etsy and looked for some affordable blogger templates. I then found a Brighton based designer called Kotryna Bass and fell in love with her simple but still stunning designs, so I ordered one. 

I have been debating whether to buy a template for months now, but never really felt like spending the usual £40 for it, so when I saw that her's are only £15, I spontaneously decided to get one. I always felt like that designing your own layout is part of blogging and I still support that opinion, but only to an extent. More and more bloggers seem to add pre-made or custom templates to their blogs so I felt that it was okay if I did so too. At one point in my life I definitely want to learn more about graphics and image editing etc. so I could eventually do my own layout, but for the time being I just have to accept that I simply cannot realise what I have in my mind.

Anyway, I hope you all love the new layout as much as I do, it's so sleek and simple and I just adore it! I did have to adjust some things myself, so if you do find a bug, please let me know so I can try and fix it! I have also updated the 'About me' page if you fancy to take a look :)

Have a lovely day xx

1 comment: