1 March 2015

cosy sunday night

lush shampoo bar cinnamon
the body shop body butter, lush hot toddy
No clogs allowed soap&glory
Benefit it's potent
Fleur De Force Glam Guide

Since coming to Uni and having my bathroom only one footstep away from my bed and having most of my skincare items pretty much in eyesight, I have started making myself a little Sunday night routine. During the week I can honestly never be bothered to put on a face mask or use more than one moisturiser, I do sometimes exfoliate but that's as fancy as it'll get. So when it comes to Sunday I want to pamper my skin and get ready for a week at Uni. 


The first product I use is my solid cinnamon shampoo bar from Lush. I don't use this very often simply because I don't want to use it up quickly, but when I use it I absolutely love it. I really like the subtle spicy scent and the way it just lathers up really quickly and with little product. When I get out the shower I always use a few pumps of my Kérastase hair oil which is my favourite hair oil that I've ever had. I received this mini version in a monthly subscription box and have fallen in love with it. It leaves my hair really soft and shiny and I'm honestly dreading the moment I run out of it!

To go with the spiciness of my shampoo bar, I use the Hot Toddy* shower gel which I got when I went to the Lush event in Portsmouth back in Autumn. Although we're coming closer to spring now, I love the cosy, wintery scent on the Sunday night when I just want to be cuddled up under my blanket. What I also love about this shower gel is that the scent actual stays on my skin and doesn't fade after I get out of the shower. To moisturise my body I use the Vanilla scented body butter from The Body Shop* which I got in the Glossybox a while ago. 

I currently use a coconut exfoliator from My little Box which Estelle kindly gave me as she didn't like it & knew that I loved coconut. When I rinsed that off, I follow up with my self heating facial mask from Soap & Glory No clogs allowed, the minty scent feels really refreshing and leaves my skin completely cleansed. 

As my face usually feels kind of tight after using this mask, I follow up with a moisturiser by L'Occitane which I also got from Estelle. I love the thickness of it, it makes my skin so so soft! And finally, I pop some of the Benefit* It's potent eye cream under my eyes to get rid of those dark circles. 

To finish off my Sunday night I usually make myself a cup of tea (I have really been liking the Apple crunch one from Twining's recently!), turn my fairy lights on and sit in bed with a book, currently Fleur de Force's Glam Guide which I have really been enjoying.

If you have any products that you like pampering yourself with, let me know in the comments below as I always love discovering new items! :) 

Conny x


3 comments:

  1. I love the sound of your routine :) The Benefit It’s Potent eye cream is lovely - I always try and use this daily :) I love the sound of the S&G No Clogs Allowed mask also - I’m currently using Lush’s Mask of Magnanimity which really helps to clear my skin :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sehr schöner Blog, soeben entdeckt und direkt Leserin geworden. Vllt schaust du ja mal bei mir vorbei.

    June
    www.dearjuneblog.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m in love with your blog! I like your photos and style of writing! I know that it requires so much time to update blog, but keep doing it!)
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete