29 May 2015

Culottes - love or loathe?

If there is one summer trend that I have seen people love and loathe, it is the culottes. If you have not seen them before, they're basically wide leg trousers that resemble a midi skirt and I personally love them! If I was like 4 inches taller I'd be stocking up on them, but I personally feel a little bit too short for them, when I tried a pair they looked ridiculous on my legs. 

I imagine them paired with a crop top and some cute sandals; this outfit would be perfect for hot days out shopping or simply going for a coffee with friends, and could easily be paired with a leather or denim jacket to transfer to chilly evenings. When I tried them on I thought the thin material would, even though your legs would be pretty much covered, keep you cool on hot days and feel refreshing if some wind hits you.

Especially the middle ones have caught my eye immediately as they pattern and choice of colour just reflects summer and sun so well, I can imagine my (4 inch taller) self wearing these with big black sunglasses, pointed pumps, a black or white flowy top (would need to hit the gym more often for crop tops) and some rings stacked on both hands. 

I know it is a very controversial trend, but I'd love to hear what you think about those trousers and how you would wear them! 

Conny xx

9 comments:

  1. I think it really depnends on how you style them and to find a pair that flatter your shape and in general I think they suit taller people more than shorter ones! I have yet to test them on myself :)
    http://blondeomniscience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to buy a pair myself but I do think they look lovely! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like them on other people but i don't think i could pull them off!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the striped one.. for me that is a love :)

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love everything! great photos :D

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg I love those! They're really comfy too xx

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love culottes personally. Bought a tartan pair in the winter and have never looked back!

    LEXI LIKES

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the ones on the right although I have never been brave enough to properly try them on :)

    http://aikocamilla.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the culottes trend :) Especially the Topshop middle ones!

    Hannah x
    Paloma in Disguise

    ReplyDelete