4 June 2015

Airport Maybelline Haul

Airport times are the most boring - as I usually only am there to fly home, I am always on my own and absolutely nothing to do apart from eating a snack at prêt-à-manger and having a brief stroll through boots. And so I did last Sunday; after the disappointment of not finding a single open coffee shop at Southampton Central at 7am on a Sunday, I devoured my yoghurt with berries at prêt and then headed to Boots

After entering I immediately spotted a sign that told me about the '3 for 2 across all Maybelline make up' offer and decided to pick something up. First thing I needed was a Mascara, my old one was definitely near to its death, so I was in urgent need of a replacement, and although I had Benefits Rollerlash in my mind, I can genuinely not justify spending that amount of money, so I went for a more affordable, but definitely not less capable option; the Maybelline Colossal Volume Express - 100% black. I feel like this was the mascara beauty bloggers raved about years and years ago (I may be wrong?) but I have never owned one in that yellow packaging. When I first applied it I was immediately astonished by how separating it is! I have a very little amount of eyelashes but as it is not a plastic wand (it's the more hairy one to sound super professional), it just makes them look fuller and longer which is definitely something I appreciate. The lasting power is great, too. We currently have quite warm temperatures, and after a day of tanning in 30°C, my Mascara was still on my lashes which I was very pleased about!

Enough Mascara rambling, onto the Colour Tattoo. In my May Favourites I talk about a matte colour tattoo (which was my first one) which I really loved, so I decided to give another shade a try. This one is a shimmery, gold colour - Eternal Gold - and after seeing Zoe's spring make up tutorial I just felt like I needed a similar shade for my lids. The lasting power is again, really great and you can achieve a simple eye make up look very quickly. Great for those days where '5 more minutes' accidentally turned into half an hour.

And last and maybe actually least, is the Brow Satin. I am very unsatisfied with my brows; If they are not tinted they are practically invisible and just a pain to work with, so I'm always on the hunt for products to make my morning life quicker and easier; and hoped to find a saviour in Brow Satin. Whilst I was very pleased with my other two purchases, this powdery pencil disappointed me. It only gives away very little colour so it takes absolute ages, definitely the wrong product for a strong brow game. Also, it is rather warm than cool toned, and I am not a fan of having redish eyebrows. I picked up the shade Dark Blonde, but wouldn't recommend it if you are on the hunt for a convenient, quick eyebrow product. I'll go back to my trusts Kiko powder palette. 

So, my teeny tiny haul turned into a massive rambling, and I congratulate you if you've made it to the end! I'm just gonna self promote and let you know that I had a video going up the other day & would be very pleased if you could watch/like/comment :) Apart form that I hope you have a lovely day! :)

Conny xx

16 comments:

  1. Airport shopping is the best! I love the color tattoos, the shade you got is beautiful!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the looks of that gold shadow! The Color Tattoos are the best!!

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. great as always :) kisses!

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to give that mascara a try! <3

    www.thatnewyorkgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Maybelline gel shadows are incredible and you got such a nice colour! I really recommend the Bronze one - it is so pretty! - and which matte shade do you have? I agree airports are such a drag!

    http://aikocamilla.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mascara sounds really good! I never bought it before because I thought it would make all my lashes clump together for some reason, but it sounds like it's amazing at separating them - may have to try it!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the colour tattoo's and this is such a gorgeous shade, so I might need to pick this up! They're so great for when you're in a rush - I definitely agree! I haven't actually heard anything good about the brow satin, so I think I will be avoiding that one! Great post x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
  8. this eyeshadow is so pretty and really easy to apply! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have an amazing blog! What you think of follow for follow?

    xoxo
    BLOG // FB PAGE // BLOG'S GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colour tattoo eyeshadows! I love the way you take you photos xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. i want to try out the brow satin
    waiting for a review soon :)

    http://girlynote.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. 3 for 2?! Now that's a deal I rarely see. Eternal Gold is absolutely gorgeous. Love that it's quick to use. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, richtig toller Post! Ich finde Bilder sind der Hammer!
    Den Mascara mag ich auch sehr gerne, macht WOW Augen!

    Magst du an meiner Blogparade teilnehmen? Am Sonntag beginnt Sie und du findest das Thema dann auf meinem Blog!
    Liebst, Colli

    ReplyDelete
  14. First of all, I love all the photos on your blog, you make everything look so beautiful!
    Also loving everything you picked up from your airport haul, especially Maybelline Volum Express. :)

    Olivia x
    Beauty from the Fjord
    Huge Blog Anniversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a massive fan of Maybelline and that brow pencil is something that looks right up my alley!

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete