11 June 2015

Homemade Apple Granola



A while ago I  had a stroll around a  local Whole Foods shop and spotted some apple granola which I immediately thought would taste absolutely delicious, but the price of it put me off a little bit so I didn't buy it. So as I didn't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money for something I can just do myself for much cheaper, I got some granola ingredients and got baking.

For the Granola I used:
- about four mugs of oats
- chia seeds
- goji berries 
- grated hazelnuts
- melted coconut butter and some honey to unify the dry ingredients

Then I put them in the preheated at 160°C oven and baked them for about 20 minutes. If you're unsure about when to take them out, carefully take a small spoon and try some. Once I felt like it was crunchy enough, I put it in a glass container to cool down. 

For the dried apples:
- three red apples to make two full trays
- soak in lemon/water mixture for 30 minutes to avoid browning 
- bake at 95°C for about two hours, turn around after one hour

When everything is done, just cut the apples in smaller pieces and add them to your ready granola mixture! I can imagine it tasting really nice with added cinnamon, but I currently don't have any at home.

Let me know what you think about this recipe, although I don't bake very often, I really enjoyed making this as it is super easy and tastes delicious!

Conny xx

6 comments:

  1. looks great ! :) I will try the granola some times :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing!! I love wholefoods but it IS really expensive and this granola looks so yummy, I think I'm going to add some cinnamon to it to make it taste spicy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! Very pretty pictures as well!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious, thanks for sharing! :)

    I have a new post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same - whenever I see granola I always think I can make it cheaper! This looks so good. I love including dried apples :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so yummy! I love granola so I'll be giving this a go :) x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete